As a fashion buyer, you’re always busy attending trade shows, placing your next orders or scouting for new talent. If you are anything like us, you’re always looking for ways to be more efficient – that’s why we’ve done a little research and have some app and digital tool suggestions to save you time and resources.
1. FABS and iMerchandise: your digital assistants
Do you often get overwhelmed with tons of paperwork when you travel between showrooms and trade shows? With FABS and iMerchandise you can centralise all the key information you need on your phone or tablet. Both apps allow you to:
- Take pictures of the products you are interested in,
- Insert all related details (prices, colors, fabrics, etc.),
- Have an overview of all the products and archive them if needed.
FABS is synchronised with all your devices and can be easily accessible by different team members. iMerchandise allows you to go a step further by tracking your budget and deliveries. It also syncs with online platforms such as eBay or Amazon.
The main drawback is that both of these apps still require quite some ground work by you, as each piece of information about the products needs to be manually added to the platform (color, size, fabrics etc.).
2. Trade Show Apps: navigate more efficiently
Going to a fashion trade show can be simply put; exhausting! You want to make the most of it but often find yourself lost in the gigantic spaces or spending too much time in the wrong booths. Some trade shows, like MAGIC in Las Vegas or Revolver in Copenhagen offer an App alongside their events. Downloadable for free before the event, they offer:
- A list of all attendees and services provided,
- A map of the show (always handy!),
- An agenda with the key events not to be missed.
These apps will definitely make your experience at the fair easier and will also help you reach your objectives more easily. No more wasted time looking for your partner booths! More and more fashion trade shows are likely to develop this kind of tool in the near future to offer a better service to their trade show customers.
3. E-Pitti: the online version of the physical fair
E-Pitti is the digital version of the famous Italian fair for menswear, kidswear and knitwear (Pitti Uomo, Bimbo and Filati). Launched after the fair, it is only accessible to fashion buyers who attended the physical event.
It allows you to continue the fair experience online, deep-diving into the collections and completing your orders. In addition, E-Pitti offers exclusive content; like market insights and industry news to create a know-how hub around fashion.
In 2017, E-Pitti hosted more than 1,000 brands. Around 100 buyers visited the platform, mainly from Italy but also from Japan, Germany and the USA. This website is the perfect example of the industry shift towards digital tools – each which is designed to improve the efficiency of fashion designers and buyers.
4. FashionTrade.com: the fashion wholesale marketplace
With our website and soon-to-be launched App, FashionTrade allows brands and retailers to connect, trade and grow 24/7 through one simple login.
Retailers and fashion buyers can join (for FREE) and take advantage of numerous benefits.
- Reach out to and connect with existing and new brands,
- Browse Brand showrooms,
- Shop per collection, item, colour or style across multiple brands,
- Benefit from up-to-date stock availability and promotions and;
- Access data insights for smarter buying.
Brands that join FashionTrade can:
- Create and showcase their own digital showrooms,
- Manage existing accounts and reach out to new partners through our extensive network,
- Access industry data for smarter selling.
To sum up, FABS and iMerchandise are great ways to digitally centralise all the products you need, while E-Pitti and the other trade show apps make your fair experience richer and easier. But – we truly believe that FashionTrade goes a step further in providing you a central online platform where you can manage all your wholesale buying from start to finish.
Are you interested in signing up to our platform? Retailers can join FashionTrade for free!
Do you want to stay updated on FashionTrade app launch? Click here to register for our newsletter.